Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Was Captain Morgan a real person? Legendary buccaneer. Governor of Jamaica. Pirateer. Distiller of FOMO and spiced rum. These are some of the words used to describe the very much real Henry Morgan, but we just like to call him Captain. He’s traded in his sword for spiced rum and is setting sail for a bar near you, so raise a leg, grab a drink, and party like it’s 1666.
- What’s the secret formula to Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum? Only our Master Blenders know what creates the unique flavor of all the products in the Captain Morgan family, but it has something to do with our spice. All we can tell you is that spiced rum differs from other spirits because it is distilled from sugar cane, and the combination of yeast employed for fermentation, distillation method, and blending determines the flavor of the rum. But enough talking about it. Let’s mix something up!
- How do I store my Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum and how long can I keep it? All Captain Morgan rums and spiced rums are ready to drink when we bottle them, and your bottle should be stored in a cool, dry environment. If you prefer your liquor chilled, you can refrigerate your Captain Morgan, but it’s not necessary.
- I have an awesome recipe using Captain Morgan. How can I submit it? Send your suggestion to firstname.lastname@example.org
We update our recipe database regularly, and if our expert mixologists feel that your suggestion ranks with the best of The Captain’s cocktail concoctions, then we may add it (subject to Terms and Conditions)!
Alternatively, become a fan on www.facebook.com/CaptainMorganUSA and post your recipe on The Captain’s page (wall?). That way the rest of the crew can let you know what they think of it and maybe share some other recipes too.
- I’m having technical problems on your website, can you help? Contact us at email@example.com. Be sure to include the following information so we can look into the problem:
- URL address of the page you were experiencing the problems on
- Browser you used (Chrome, Safari, etc.)
- Connection (and speed) you used (dial-up, cable, DSL, your internet provider)
- What happened when you tried to access the page
- Operating system you used (MAC or PC)
- How do I work for Captain Morgan? We do not solicit employment candidates through this web site. If you are interested in careers at Diageo please visit www.diageo-careers.com.
- Where can I find Captain Morgan drink / products for purchase? You can find Captain Morgan at your local liquor store, or by ordering online at our page on Drizly.com. While you’re at it, Captain, be sure to check out our line of merch at captainmorganstore.com and help a special someone bring out their inner Captain.
- How do I contact Captain Morgan? You can contact the Captain and learn the latest of what he’s mixing up behind the bar on our social pages!
- Where can I find more information about your company? Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum is owned by the Captain Morgan Rum Co. Detailed information about the company is available at www.diageo.com.
Captain Morgan is very concerned that these fraudsters are attempting to dupe our customers and exploit their trust in the Captain Morgan brand. We take the protection of our customers’ rights very seriously and, wherever possible, we take action to try to stop these hoaxes.
Please do not respond to this car advertisement scam. Instead, if you receive a solicitation like this, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will forward it to the appropriate authorities, and will take such further action as is possible and appropriate.